Westfield La Maquinista is concerned with protecting the environment and that is why 100% of its electricity consumption is from renewable sources. It has implemented a BREEAM certification system with the rating of "excellent" in the building and "exceptional" in the management of the building, as well as the building's energy rating scale is B. Westfield La Maquinista complies with the following actions:
- Ensure compliance with current environmental legislation.
- Promote savings and efficiency in energy consumption.
- Raise awareness in all areas of environmental protection among staff and customers.
- Collection of batteries, batteries, pens, light bulbs, CDs, printer cartridges, mobile phones. (Located at the Media Markt entrance, Floor 0 and Carrefour Hall, Floor 0).
- Recycling point (Located at the Media Markt entrance, Floor 0 and Carrefour Hall, Floor 0).
- Photovoltaic plant on the roof over CINESA.
- Reduction of CO2 emissions, through electric car recharging services.
Westfield La Maquinista seeks to care for and respect the environment by significantly reducing its environmental impact and being sustainable.
- Water: It is a very precious natural resource, therefore, Westfield La Maquinista is committed to reducing its consumption. We save water by equipping sensor-activated electronic faucets.
- Lighting: We have a management system to turn the lights on and off using a light probe. We also have LED lighting in the parking lot, floor 0 and floor 1 to reduce energy consumption.
- Waste: We have selective collection points for premises and customers. In our waste management area we have containers for organic, plastic, cardboard, wood, hangers, metal and glass.
Discover our Better Places policy